Insurance Policy Summary – what you need to know about your insurance policy
Insurance administrator: Wrisk Transfer Limited, authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority under ref no: 788062
Insurance provider: Bipi MOBILITY UK LIMITED is an appointed representative of RCI Financial Services Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority under ref no: 312330
Insurer: AXA XL Insurance Company UK Limited, authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority under ref no: 423308
This is a subscription motor insurance policy and included with your BMUK vehicle Subscription Contract. Please read and keep this document in a safe place should you need to make a claim. This is an embedded subscription insurance product, meaning that this is connected to your vehicle Subscription Contract. You must comply with the terms and conditions of your Subscription Contract for this cover to be effective.
Cover will immediately cancel when the lease period ends. Cover will also immediately cancel if any of the conditions of the policy are not met. We ask you to carefully read the conditions and obligations and that this product meets your demands and needs.
How to make a claim
Telephone: 0330 058 2631
In the event of an accident, please contact us as soon as possible. This is regardless of whether or not you wish to make a claim. If your claim is due to theft, attempted theft, riot, or vandalism, then you must notify the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number.
What is insured
√ Loss or damage to the car you have leased from BMUK, resulting from accidental damage, fire or theft and windscreen
√ Drivers aged 25 to 70, subject to the eligibility criteria and with the permission of BMUK
√ Following an accident, we’ll cover your third-party liability to other people for injury (unlimited) or damage to their property (up to £20 million)
√ Emergency Hotel and Travel costs up to £250 per person
√ Foreign travel with the permission of BMUK – see below for where you are covered
√ Replacement locks and keys up to £1,000
√ Personal accident up to £5,000
√ Medical expenses up to £250 per person injured
√ Child seat cover up to £250
√ Personal belongings up to £250
√ Electric vehicles – cover for your battery, charging cables, adapters, and connectors
√ Legal expenses up to £100,000 is included for uninsured loss recovery in the event of a non-fault claim
What is not insured
× The first £500 of any claim including windscreen replacement
× Any loss, damage, or liability if you or any driver are not aged 25 to 70 at the time of the lease agreement and do not live permanently in the UK or have not been permitted to drive the vehicle by BMUK
× Any foreign travel outside of the territorial limits if not approved by BMUK
× Death or bodily injury caused by alcohol, drugs, racing, not wearing a seatbelt, or any event caused intentionally by you or any named driver insured to drive the vehicle
× Any vehicle that has not been leased to you by BMUK
× Any lease period that exceeds 36 months
× We will not authorise any repairs by a non-approved repairer
× Damage which is caused while driving without a licence or outside of the terms of the licence.
× Use for hiring of the vehicle, the carriage of passengers or goods for payment, or hire and reward but not limited to taxiing and chauffeuring whether licensed or unlicensed, or the carriage of goods or property which does not belong to you, use as a courier, or merchandise delivery or peer to peer hire schemes, or for takeaway food or fast-food delivery.
● Where BMUK has not given its permission to you or any permitted driver
● Loss of or damage to your vehicle if you or any permitted driver have not taken all reasonable precautions to protect and take care of your vehicle.
● Any loss, damage or liability occurring while your vehicle is being used on a Motor racing track or circuit, airfield, airside, test venue, derestricted road, Nurburgring Nordschleife, gumball, supercar runs or at an off-road event, or for racing, pace-making, competitions, rallies, track days, trials or tests speed trials or speed tests, whether on a road, track or at an off-road event.
● This policy does not provide cover for driving other vehicles. Please ensure you take out alternative insurance if you are using any other vehicle not covered under your policy
Conditions and obligations of this policy
You must comply with the terms and conditions set out in your BMUK Subscription Contract.
You will need to inform BMUK if any of your details change and this may impact your embedded insurance policy.
Where are you covered
● You are covered for use of your vehicle within the Territory
● As well as the minimum cover required by law, you can also use your car abroad, if approved by BMUK, for up to 90 days within the European Union or countries that have satisfied the EC Directive 2009/103/EC, providing you let us know 14 days before you travel
● European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland (incorporating Liechtenstein) and any other territory within Europe where
BMUK have agreed to provide cover at your request, and we have issued a Green Card which specifies the insured vehicle, the territory, and the period of cover
When are you covered
This cover commences on delivery of your subscribed vehicle from BMUK and continues until you return the subscribed vehicle to BMUK, or 36 months whichever is sooner.
Overview of Insurance Cover – statement from the insurer
Fraud Prevention and Detection
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time share information with other organisations and public bodies including the police in order to substantiate information and detect fraud. If we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Motor Insurance Database Data Protection
Information relating to your policy will be added to the Motor Insurance Database (“MID”) managed by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (“MIB”). MID and the data stored on it may be used by certain statutory and/or authorised bodies including the police, the Driving and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA) the Driving and Vehicle Licencing Agency Northern Ireland (DVLANI), the Insurance Fraud Bureau and other bodies permitted by law, for purposes not limited to but including:
- Electronic licensing;
- Continuous insurance enforcement;
- Law enforcement (prevention, detection, apprehension and or prosecution of offenders);
- The provision of government services and or other services aimed at reducing the level and incidence of uninsured driving.
If you are involved in a road traffic accident (either in the UK, the EEA or certain other territories), insurers and or the MIB may also obtain relevant information which is held on the MID.
Persons (including their appointed representatives) pursuing a claim in respect of a road traffic accident (including citizens of other countries) may also obtain relevant information which is held on the MID.
It is vital that the MID holds your correct registration numbers. If registration numbers are incorrectly shown on the MID you are at risk of having your vehicles seized by the police. You can check that your registration numbers are shown on the MID at www.askmid.com
You can find out more about this by contacting www.mib.org.uk
Your policy will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute concerning this policy.
Liability to others
We will insure you in respect of your legal liability to pay damages and claimant's costs and expenses caused by or arising out of an accident in connection with:
- The use of;
- Goods falling from;
- The operation of loading and unloading; the insured vehicle and resulting from:
- death of or bodily injury to any person;
- damage to other persons’ property.
The maximum we will pay for property damage in respect of any one claim or number of claims arising out of one cause will be:
- £1,200,000 if the insured vehicle is carrying hazardous goods.
The maximum we will pay in respect of any claim arising directly or indirectly from terrorism will be £5,000,000 or the minimum amount required by the compulsory motor insurance legislation in the country in which the event occurs, whichever is the greater
We will pay for emergency treatment fees required by the Road Traffic Acts arising out of the use of the insured vehicle.
Loss/theft of keys
If the keys or lock transmitter for the insured vehicle are lost or stolen, we will pay for the cost of replacing the door locks and/or boot lock, the ignition/steering lock, the lock transmitter and central locking interface providing such loss or theft is notified to the police.
We will also pay the cost of re-coding or if necessary, replacing any alarm system used in connection with the insured vehicle.
The total amount payable as a result of the loss or theft of keys or lock transmitter will be limited to a maximum of £1,000 any one incident.
Loss or Damage to the Insured Vehicle
We will insure you for loss of or damage to the insured vehicle and its attached accessories and spare parts whilst in or on the insured vehicle by fire, lightning, explosion, theft, attempted theft or taking away without lawful authority.
We will insure you for loss of or accidental damage to the insured vehicle and its attached accessories and spare parts whilst in or on the insured vehicle.
If the only damage to the insured vehicle is a broken windscreen or window and the windscreen or window can be repaired, no excess will apply.
- We will pay for the loss of or damage to:
- Your detachable electric vehicle charging cables, adapters and connectors;
- The battery of an electric vehicle, including as a result of a power surge whilst charging, irrespective of any loss or damage to the insured vehicle itself.
We will pay £5,000 if the driver of the insured vehicle suffers accidental injury while travelling in or getting into or out of the insured vehicle if the injury within 3 months of the accident directly results in death, total and permanent loss of sight of one or both eyes or loss of one or more limbs.
Payment will be made direct to the injured person or to their legal personal representatives.
We will insure for loss of or damage to personal belongings in or on the insured vehicle by fire, theft, or attempted theft and by accident up to the maximum of £250.
We will pay medical expenses incurred up to £250 for each person injured in an accident while travelling in the insured vehicle
Car Seat Cover
We will pay up to £250 for the replacement of any child seat fitted in the insured vehicle as a result of loss of or damage to the insured vehicle following an event which is the subject of indemnity under Fire and Theft or Accidental Damage.
Territorial Limits and Foreign Travel
Your policy applies to accidents occurring in:
- Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands;
- And subject to authorisation from BMUK in;
- Any member country of the European Union;
- Andorra, Iceland, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland (incorporating Liechtenstein);
- Any other territory within Europe where BIPI UK have agreed to provide cover and we have issued a Green Card which specifies the insured vehicle, the territory and the period of cover;
- And during transit (including the processes of loading and unloading) by an agreed passage between these territories.
Emergency Hotel Expenses and Travel Costs
In the event the insured vehicle is not road worthy following an accident, or is lost by fire or theft, and a claim has been reported on the policy, we will pay up to a maximum of £250 per person travelling in the insured vehicle and £750 any one incident to cover unplanned overnight accommodation.
We will also pay transport costs to return home or to the original planned destination up to a maximum of £250 per person travelling in the insured vehicle and £750 any one incident.
We will not insure you for:
- Fines or penalties of any kind or the cost of implementing any remedial or publicity order;
- Proceedings resulting from any deliberate or intentional criminal act or omission by you;
- Liability for death, bodily injury or damage to property arising or incurred by any person who is entitled to protection under any other policy;
- Liability for death of or bodily injury to any person or damage to other persons property or any liability of whatsoever nature within the confines of any airport or aerodrome to which aircraft have access;
- Liability for death of or bodily injury to any person or damage to property directly or indirectly caused by pollution or contamination unless the pollution or contamination is directly caused by a sudden identifiable unintended and unexpected incident which occurs in its entirety at a specific time and place during the period of insurance. All pollution or contamination which arises out of one incident will be deemed to have occurred at the time such incident takes place. This exclusion will not apply in circumstances where it is necessary to meet the requirements of any compulsory motor insurance legislation operative within the territories of this policy
- Any loss, damage or liability occurring while your vehicle is being used on a Motor racing track or circuit, airfield, airside, test venue, derestricted road, Nurburgring Nordschleife, gumball, supercar runs or at an off-road event, or for racing, pace-making, competitions, rallies, track days, trials or tests speed trials or speed tests, whether on a road, track or at an off-road event
We will not pay for:
- Loss of use, depreciation, wear and tear, mechanical, electrical, electronic or computer breakdowns or failures or breakages;
- Reduction in value following repair;
- Damage to tyres by the application of brakes or by punctures, cuts or bursts;
- Loss or damage to the insured vehicle caused directly by pressure waves from aircraft or other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds;
- That part of the cost of any repair or replacement which improves the insured vehicle beyond its condition before the loss or damage occurred;
- Loss of or damage to the insured vehicle as a result of theft or attempted theft unless the ignition keys and or entry and or immobilisation key(s) transmitter(s) or other device(s) have been removed from the insured vehicle and the insured vehicle is securely locked;
- Accidental injury if suicide, attempted suicide, alcoholism or drug addiction contributed to or speeds up the injury or death;
- Personal belongings which are money, stamps, tickets, documents or securities, goods, samples or equipment carried in connection with any trade or business, property insured under any other policy or theft of any property carried in an open-top or convertible vehicle unless it is in a locked boot or glove compartment;
- Legal liability arising out of any judgement in any court outside the territories to which this policy applies;
- Any expense, injury, consequential loss, legal liability or any loss, destruction or damage to property directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from:
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any irradiated nuclear fuel, or;
- from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component of an explosive nuclear assembly;
- war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, insurrection, revolution or military or usurped power, except so far as is necessary to meet the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts.
- Riot and civil commotion any claim (except under liability to others) arising as a result of riot or civil commotion outside Great Britain, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands;
- Liability, loss, damage or injury while the insured vehicle or any other motor car or motorcycle insured by your policy is towing a greater number of trailers in all than is permitted by law;
- Any claim (except under liability to others) arising, during or because of an earthquake anywhere other than in the United Kingdom.